Services‎ > ‎


Open an Estate:
If You Need To Open an Estate, please download, fill out, and print our Estate Worksheet. Click here for Estate Packet

Once you have read and completed the worksheet please call our office to set up an appointment or use the Appointment Request Feature found hereThere are fees associated with the gross value of the estate as valued on the inventory and appraisement. Those fees are:
 Gross Value of Estate  Fees Due to Court
 Less than $5,000.00   $25.00
 $5,000.00 - $19,999.99  $45.00
 $20,000.00 - $59,999.99 $67.50 
 $60,000.00 - $99,999.99  $95.00
$100,000.00 - $599,999.99  $95.00 plus 0.15% of the property valuation between $100,000.00 and $599,999.99
  $600,000.00 and over  $845.00 plus 0.25% of the property valuation exceeding $600,000.00

File a Will of Record Only:
If you would like to file a will for record only, please print and fill out the Form #306ES - Filing of a Will for Record and call the court for an appointment to file the will, (864) 429-1625. There is a $10.00 filing fee.

Note: Filing a Will for Record Only does not commence a probate proceeding. If you have any legal questions seek an attorney for answers and advice. 

If A Will Exists, but The Person Who Has It Will Not Bring It To The Court
If a will exists, but the person who has it will not bring it to the court you can download and fill out an Affidavit for Will and Request for Delivery. Once you have it filled out, bring it to the court and we will issue a letter to the person who has the will asking that they turn it in. 

Videos on Handling an Estate

Below are three videos giving you a brief introduction to the probate process. These three videos cover opening an estate, the inventory and appraisement, and closing an estate. 

Introduction to Probate: Opening an Estate

Introduction to Probate: Inventory and Appraisement

Introduction to Probate: Closing an Estate

Note: The probate court can never give legal advice. If you need legal advice, please seek out an attorney. The court cannot recommend an attorney. 
We cannot help you fill out the forms. All official forms are available online at